• Welcome to ScubaBoard

  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2020 Roatan

Discussion in 'ScubaBoard Invasion 2020 Roatan' started by cardzard, Jun 18, 2019.

  1. leoparddog

    leoparddog Nassau Grouper

    # of Dives: 50 - 99
    Location: Marietta GA
    Definitely next time!

    Hopefully we'll get to make a trip to Florida to see some of y'all this summer.
    ROXANNE and jsisemore like this.
  2. warf rat

    warf rat Angel Fish

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: spring hill fl
    Thank you Dennis and Roxanne,I know this must have been a nightmare for you guys,but in the end I guess it was the right thing we will definitely dive together again.how about a quick trip to the keys?
    ROXANNE likes this.
  3. bethie

    bethie Nassau Grouper

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Ithaca NY
    Maybe everyone will go to Belize! Sorry about your trip, this is all so crazy. I should have been swimming with dolphins in Hawaii right now, instead of watching the snow fall. Stay well, and hope to see you soon.
    ROXANNE likes this.
  4. BoundForElsewhere

    BoundForElsewhere Waiting for the zombies ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: NYC
    Just to be clear, will our deposits be applied to a rebooking at AKR and will receive the same discounted weekly rate for any time before December 2021?

    ROXANNE Artist

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Yes, just call Bay Adventures to let them know what choice you want and to discuss your options.
    cardzard and gypsyjim like this.
  6. kelemvor

    kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Largo, FL USA
    Very kind of Bay Adventures and AKR to extend the offer! I had fully expected to lose the deposit as it was "non-refundable." Unusual to see a business doing more than the bare minimum right now. Heck, some are doing less than the minimum if the other threads about cancelled trips are any indication.

    Three cheers for Al and Felix! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

    Hopefully we'll get a vaccine this winter and I can plan a Honduras trip for next year's spring break. That would be the bomb.
    cardzard and ROXANNE like this.
  7. 02gluken

    02gluken Nassau Grouper

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: Slidell, LA
    Dennis, never did get email Greg Luken
  8. cardzard

    cardzard ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: New Port Richey, FL
    Check your PM
  9. cardzard

    cardzard ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: New Port Richey, FL
    It appears the major airlines are cancelling their June flights to Roatan.

    For those trying to keep the original dates in June, rest assured that Bay Adventures is on top on this. They will have updates on the border re-opening in the next few days.

    Please be sure to update Bay Adventures with your plans or to check availability for new dates (if you contact the hotel directly they’ll just send you back to Bay Adventures) – call 888-599-3483 (9-5 Eastern time) or email info@bayadventures.com
    ROXANNE, markmud and Jay G like this.
  10. GreggS

    GreggS Manta Ray

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Thomasville, NC
    Since I hadn't heard anything for a while, I called BA and spoke to Al this morning. He agreed that it is highly unlikely that there will be any flights to or from Roatan before the end of June, and since our international flight to and from Roatan have been cancelled by the airline (the domestic portion was still scheduled. though), we went ahead and rescheduled our trip.

    We have tentatively rescheduled for the week of April 24-May1 of next year. Hopefully, all this mess will be behind us well before then.
    markmud, dbnewton, Starzz and 2 others like this.

Share This Page