ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Q1???
Hotel FAQ says: Sockets are flat two or three pin - American style.
What does this mean? What do I need to plug stuff in my room? I'm used to just bringing a big powerstrip to the caribbean.

Q2???
Tip 10% but not with a credit card. Anyway we can prepay our tips like you can on a cruise ship?

Hi Dennis and Roxanne, yeah I too would like to have the tipping thing sorted out/advice about that beforehand especially since we're not allowed to tip on our credit cards? I typically pay for everything on credit when I travel and try to carry as little cash as possible.

However my main question for logging in today is the SPA... I notice there are no prices on the Atlantis website however TripAdvisor has mentioned many times that the spa services are excellent and not overpriced (this gets me excited... LOL)... so can you get a hold of a menu with prices for us please? I'd like to plan head for several expenditures at the SPA for my vacation :D

When we were on Azores last year they only took cash for tips but it was my understanding that people could pay them for the boat by credit card at the resort later. Or at least the people on our boat that complained a lot could. Perhaps that has changed? (There was a great deal of complaining.) We were told this was simply the whim of the owner rather than any banking issue. It was certainly impressed upon them by the people on our charter, and I'm sure every other as well, that this basically just screws over the employees because they won't make out nearly as well that way. I won't carry a pile of cash when I travel for no good reason, and my inclination is to simply just say no and tell them credit or nothing, it's the only way it might get ever get changed. I know there are some areas where dealing in credit cards is less common and has issues, but I don't think this is one of them.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Are there going to be any events scheduled for those of us that live in the Philippines?

A meet and greet or something similar?

There is usually a meet & great the first night and then the night before we leave there is a going away party. I'm sure there will be a schedule when we get closer to leaving. This is the first time I've gone where it has been 2 weeks so it will be fun to see what Dennis and Roxanne have planned for us.

We've been busy at Megadive all weekend. I've answered some questions and as for the others, we've sent an email to the resort to get the rest of your answers.

Q1???
Hotel FAQ says: Sockets are flat two or three pin - American style.
What does this mean? What do I need to plug stuff in my room? I'm used to just bringing a big powerstrip to the caribbean.

Please refer to the Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines thread. There you'll find an image of the plug and a link to the type of converter that's needed. Post #27

Q2???
Tip 10% but not with a credit card. Anyway we can prepay our tips like you can on a cruise ship?

Checking on that.

Hi Dennis and Roxanne, yeah I too would like to have the tipping thing sorted out/advice about that beforehand especially since we're not allowed to tip on our credit cards? I typically pay for everything on credit when I travel and try to carry as little cash as possible.

However my main question for logging in today is the SPA... I notice there are no prices on the Atlantis website however TripAdvisor has mentioned many times that the spa services are excellent and not overpriced (this gets me excited... LOL)... so can you get a hold of a menu with prices for us please? I'd like to plan head for several expenditures at the SPA for my vacation :D

Checking on that.

Are there going to be any events scheduled for those of us that live in the Philippines?

Thinking and Checking on that.

Thank you all for your patience, we'll post as soon as we have an answers.

Last edited:

I can promise you a lot of nights of beer and greet :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom