ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2015 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woo Hoo...Cozumel is my favorite. Scuba Board Invasion and Cozumel is sublime. See you there.

Mary B.

Ok quick question for you experts -flying in to Cancunseems a little cheaper but its it super expensive to get to Coz from there?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Not an expert, but you'll need a taxi from airport to ferry, then one from ferry to Hotel Cozumel. On the return trip, the same. So you gotta crunch your numbers.

Ok quick question for you experts -flying in to Cancun seems a little cheaper but its it super expensive to get to Coz from there?

I did the bag Drag once, saved some money, but here is what I learned;

You lose time; It is a 45 minute bus ride from CUN to PLaya Del Carmen, then you will wait for the ferry, that can be a while, then it is a 45 minute ferry ride (they do sell beer though), then you have to get your luggage (Mexico Style), then catch a taxi to hotel (not far/ or expensive, also if you fly directly to CZM, you still have to get a ride to hotel). I believe it took around 4 hours each way by the time it was all said and done.

Between the bus, the ferry and taxi each way I think it cost me at least 100 bucks total. I personally would not do it again unless it saved me $250.00. I base that on cost of bus and ferry, time lost and the inconvenience of doing it in the first place.

On a positive note, it was an adventure and when I did it I was travelling with a very good friend that I do not get to spend enough time with.

That is my two cents worth.

Keith aka MNJoe

I was looking at Maya Air too. Right now direct flights to Coz are 623$ and i can go Jet Blue to Cancun 300$. Maya Air is 69$ each way but baggage fees look scary.

I did the bag drag once too and as far as I am concerned, the time I have available to spend either enjoying my vacation (diving, relaxing by the pool, or eating well) or dragging my luggage/waiting for a bus/taxi/ferry... my time is a lot more valuable than saving a couple hundred dollars. That being said, I am far from rich (single parent) and I'd happily skimp on some dinners out, make my own coffee rather than ordering that Starbucks, whatever it takes to enjoy a few more hours in paradise. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom