SCUBA WEST is GOING GREEN! Or maybe DIVING GREEN!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks!

Scuba West has rolled out a few (well, three) neat programs to help the environment. I'm excited that I was able to help put these into place over at the shop!!!!

The first program, which I am very excited about, is our new wetsuit recycle program. As most of you know, if you have to throw your old wetsuit away, they just won't break down at the local landfill. Scuba West is working with a company who will recycle your wetsuit!

Here's the skinny:

1. Scuba West can only take in neoprene wetsuits. All sizes and thicknesses are okay!
2. Scuba West will give those who bring in a wetsuit to recycle, a $20 dollar gift certificate, which you can only use towards a purchase of a new wetsuit.

That's it!! But I really think this is a great program.

The second program, is that Scuba West is working with the county to recycle old batteries. I am amazed at how many batteries divers seem to go through! Our "battery recycle bucket" fills very fast!

Keep this in mind, even if you just stop by to drop off your old batteries, it's all good!

The third program, involves divers donating old aluminum tanks they no longer need (failed hydro). Any aluminum tank dontated, Scuba West will then dispose of, with all of the proceeds being donated to the Boy Scouts of America.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom