Scuba watchband

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I don't know who the manufacturer is, but Divers Supply sells them.

the K

I don't think I've been to a single dive shop anywhere I've dived that didn't carry them. Guess things are different in texas... :D

Bryan

If your interested in something really unique check out:

http://www.harbuckswatchbands.com/

These were real popular in the military, original bands were made from spoons by locals in the Phillipines.

I still have my first one, a gift from a Navy friend over ten years ago.

He has some real good deals on watches (lower than other dealers I have seen) for citizen, luminox, and invicta watches.

If you like you can tell him Jeff from RMEDIVER refered you.

Now is this for a pretty-thingie watch or a diving watch?

The reason I ask is that I wouldn't recommend a watch band that is not continuous, by that I mean like a regular watch band. If one of the pins breaks you can be out of luck . . .

the K

I used to wear a continuous nylon band but wearing it in and out of water and mud developed a unique perfume...

I wear the stainless steel for diving now.

I'm for the velcro continous band myself, nylon, cleans easily, loose a pin you still have the watch on, barely, but not lost completely, and it's easily adjusted for different wet/dry suit cuffs, and you can wrap your glove cuff strap around it to be double safe. Timex makes a bunch, even the local Target or WalMart carries them for under $5.00 Use one on my depth gauge on my forearm as well. Can't beat it. Lighter than metal too...and doesn't corrode. Cheap enough to throw away and replace.

Hemlon:
The band is for my above-water watch. I have looked at Divers Supply and I can't find any watch bands, Kraken.

Oh, OK. I thought it might have been for a dive watch.

Sorry, wish I could help you.

the K

Back
Top Bottom