Scuba tank graphics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just bought my wife a 63 cf tanks d'art tank today with the dolphin scene graphics. My question is, where can I find all the other graphic designs they offer? I can't find hardly anything on the internet. Our class instructors found some others that were pretty nice but I haven't found anything myself. I suppose I could ask my LDS where I bought my wifes tank but any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, GT

I am not trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever been on a dive boat in rough waters, tanks are usually lashed to the side of the boat and bouncing on waves say bye bye to the pretty graphics, they bounce and rub against the side of the boat, don't waste your money, tanks are a tool not a canvas. I know i have one, it used to look cool, now it looks like my five year old gotta a hold of a sharpie. The fish don't really care what is on your tanks :)

Good luck

tanks d'art is out of so-cal contact these people for info on dee and her where abouts:

California Diving News is published by Saint Brendan Corp.
P.O. Box 11231, Torrance, CA 90510 (310) 792-2333 • FAX (310) 792-2336
EMAIL: mail@saintbrendan.com

Before you invest, you may want to check with your local tank inspector to see if they will require the art work to be removed prior to inspection. I am told, but I have not researched it myself that any stickers (as in art decals) would have to be removed in order to do the inspection, in case the sticker was hidding rust or a deep gouge. Like I said, I have heard but don't know so I would recommend you find out what the standard is before investing in tank art.

Very good point pasley. I worked part time for awhile at one of the LDS here and the shop owners rule was stickers, decals etc had to be removed if you wanted a VIP. They insisted on being able to see the metal. TechDiverSaline has an equally good point. Artwork, even factory painted tanks, don't last long from being banged around. They look pretty bad in a real short time. I have two unpainted aluminum 80's that I just keep clean. They look fine after several years of use. I only have my last name on the top of the tank which I can touch up anytime with a black sharpie and a stencil.
:shades:

tanks d'art in the past used airbrushed paint 4 graphics.
not stickers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom