Scuba St Lucia and Anse Chastanet Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Belmont,
would be something offered on some days in excess of 60 feet max. I My wife and I are booked into St. Lucia Regency La Toc for 2 weeks next March....The dive site descriptions on their web site shows dive sites with depth ranges down to 200ft. Are the dives really limited to max 60 feet on all dives? Obviously we weren't expecting to have to produce our Adv. Trimix cards as we thought it would be only recreational diving but thought that there might be some dives in excess of 60ft offered. We were at Sandals Barbados in 2017 and were offered dives over our stay there down to 100ft (wreck dive) while on our trip. let me know.
Cheers,
Norman H.

Norman,

My wife and I have primarily done our vacations with Sandals and our experiences have been pretty consistent. We learned on our honeymoon in Jamaica and we were at first kept separate from the certified divers while we did Open Water and Advanced classes (fell in love immediately). Once we were certified, the put us in with groups of other advanced divers for our remaining dives. The dives usually ended when my wife hit 1000psi.

On our next two trips, we were put with more advanced divers and we usually got 45+ min dives because we were better at managing our air. Only a handful of dives did we have newbies with us, and that was usually because they were shorter staffed (they manage their staff based on the number of divers).

We have been below 100 ft on every trip at least twice, and many times the guides have allowed the advanced divers to manage their depths on the deeper option dives. If you talk with the dive guides early on during your trip, and let them know you'd like to dive with more advanced divers or stay longer at the bottom, they will try to accommodate you.

We have not had a negative experience with any of the Sandals dive teams and would highly recommend them for people who are looking for the recreational nature of Scuba with the relaxation and accommodations of the resort. We have loved getting the dives done in the morning and having the day to relax, enjoy the resort, and get away for a week or so. (We've stayed at Negril (Jamaica), Barbados, and Montego Bay)

Will be in St Lucia at Anse Chastanet in two weeks and will report back in afterwards. There are 15 scheduled dives and I will be diving their reef all I can (or they will allow) following the scheduled dives of the day.

I am horrible about posting a trip report. The people and resort were top notch. I wanted to do more diving than I got to but you are really limited to about three dives a day since you have to have a guide with you. be happy to answer any questions but am too lazy to type out a full report. But here, have some photos...
upload_2019-12-9_13-39-42.jpeg

upload_2019-12-9_13-40-3.jpeg

upload_2019-12-9_13-40-25.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom