Scuba recovery of a Quadcopter Aeromodel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divejones

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
This episode is very interesting

A friend was filming me kayaking in our private lake at 0530 hrs in the morning.

Kayaking_zps37231b93.jpg

Kayaking2_zps5d71010a.jpg

While he was laterally transiting (Mind you, he was flying without a spotter), he hit a tree which he obviously did not see (Since he was on FPV). He tried hard to recover, however owing to a broken prop the quad went into the water. I jumped behind it and must have followed it to some depth is when couldn't go any further. My right Eustachian did not open, in one breath of air, that is that far i could go. I came back up, got the scuba gear dived and recovered the Quad from 12 Mts Depth with visibility in the region of half a metre. Good that i had marked the place where it sank. Will upload the video soon.

What really awesome was Nothing of the quad went bad, Motors, Electronic Speed Control, GoPro Hero3, DJI Naza Autopilot, Lithium Polymer Batt, all of it was intact. Only loss was one prop which too was because of the nasty hit to the tree

scubarecovery_zps5f2293f7.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom