Scuba programs on TV???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing worth getting excited about. Most of the dive related shows I've seen depict horrid practices that leave the more educated diver cringing. If taken at an entertainment value, then they are only somewhat amusing. Most have been on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, or Travel Channel.

The most notable has been Deep Sea Detectives on Tech Tuesdays on the History Channel. The stories have interest in the foundation, but they become over hyped with drama and poor dive technique. Do some searches on the board for other's opinions.

The Travel Channel shows bits and pieces of some nice dive locations as part of an overview of a destination.

If you ever see a dive show with a long-haired hippie name Manny, just turn the channel. It was made to compete with the Crocadile Hunter type mentality. Very stupid and animal unfriendly stuff.

Right now (it's late Sun night or early Mon morn, however you want to look at it) there is a show on called Killer Instinct with the Crocodile Man. They're on the Australian coast, and it's about dangerous marine animals. But, so far, it has not been damaging to the animals.

One very interesting thing to me, was that he wore pantyhose to prevent jellyfish stings. Perhaps we should all throw a couple pair into our dive bags as a back up skin. Even if we never needed them, it might be entertaining to see you guys explain to your non-diving wives why you have pantyhose in your bag...

SEAHUNT was on the Outdoor channel for a short time last year, that's about as good as it gets.
Panty hose was a favorite for keeping leeches off the legs on those long waits in the swamps & rice paddys.
I recall one guy getting a "talking to" when the censors spotted a request (on a post card being sent home) that his girl friend send some over. :eyebrow:

I was thinking the same thing tonight. We need "Scuba world" or some such thing.

Kind of like the late night saltwater fishing on ESPN. I'd stay up late for Scuba World. The host would have to be a couple of Aussies with that cool accent. They do a good job of selling stuff on infomercials late at night. :)

How about a couple of hot blondes, I think that would be better than a couple of geekie aussies, but i may be wrong, it happened to me once before.
We should get a protest to OLN or ESPN or something

Wildcard:
How about a couple of hot blondes, I think that would be better than a couple of geekie aussies, but i may be wrong, it happened to me once before.
We're thinking the same. Why can't the Aussies be hot blondes?

Wildcard:

Love the idea of a couple of hot blondes... might I suggest Val Kilmer and Matt Damon?

:eek:)

Foo

You can suggest them, but then the show will have to be aired on the Oxygen channel. Or would the Oxygen channel still prefer to have the hot female blonds??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom