Scuba Pro or Aqua Lung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iv tried both g250v and a700 , both off mk25 , they breath pretty much the same ....

i have recently acquired a titan lx supreme and i love it, also noticed that a hell of a lot of the dive centres in the philippines use the aqualung calypso, must be good.

... or inexpensive, or easy to fix. Must be both.

Both companies make fine regulators, but if what you are interested in is a fine regulator that you can assure yourself of service for, you should be looking at HOG, they are the only company that I know that have a policy to support you in servicing the regulator yourself.

Chris Richardson has done a great job with the HOG/EDGE line of regulators. Good features, great price point, superior customer service.

The ability to service your own reg., if you so choose, makes a lot of sense. Some divers who travel a bit like to have a 1st and 2nd stage service kit in their "save a dive box"-just in case.

We offer parts and schematics and service details on our website for all our products.
Apollo Sports: Dive Gear

I believe more companies will begin to offer the same.

As mentioned many times previously, in other similar threads, you can buy a new engine, or any other auto parts, if you have the expertise and the right tools you are free to take care of your auto on your own; even if it is just a simple oil and filter change. Why not the same for regulators?

Kurt I am in Cagayan de Oro, I have both alot of Aqua Lung & ScubaPro gear, I like my SP G250's or my S600 but my older R109-R110 Balanced Adustable is kool too. SP MK 10-17 -25 is good stuff.... After moving from the U.S. here I would dump anything exotic that can't be serviced here. Zeagle is great gear and had used it B4 but service is the issue here in the Philippines, just like Dacor gear really good stuff no longer in business no parts left except what you get at a local dive shop or ebay.. Poseidon regs are nice but like a Ferrari parts or service here forget it, same with Atomic. Don't get into the idea that the newest stuff at the dive shop is the best and spend a ton of money on it, a rebuilt Scubapro R109 - R110 Balanced adjustable is as sweet as a G250 almost the same reg and they are great regs to use, I have a few of them. i brought down a few Double Hose regs as well. I have cousins in Cebu and travel there frequently on business. Have you done any underwater metal detecting? I have a garrett sea hunter II that I have not had a chance to use. Send me an email direct sometime. Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom