Scuba Pro MK25 Evo - swivel turret play

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No they are not but knowledge and experience of the Steve is remarkable. At least for me.

Yes, Stevie is an awesome Dude. He was the chief tech. for Scuba Dubai which was the SP distributor for UAE before they went out of business and Al Boom took over the location circa 2013 I think. I was there when this took place.

It is normal for there to be a little freeplay or wiggle when not pressurized. It should tighten up when pressurized and swivel but have MINIMAL freeplay. The question is when it gets to be too much. It is usually the plastic washer under the nut to the swivel. If you experience a leak or start to see a small stream of bubbles from that end of the 1st stage it is time to be inspected and those parts replaced.

Is this much play normal ?
When de-pressurizing the second stage.

All MK 25 have some play on the turret, its perfectly normal. However I just checked mine and yours does seem a little excessive. I didn't pressurized it though so I might just not have noticed it...

In any case, you should definitely check it at your dive store just for peace of mind.

I had the same problem. My reg is about 5-6 years old now, and that gap is much bigger than yours.
The main problem is the teflon washer. with pressure pressing against it all the time, it gets compressed a little. and it's not included in the service kit. (odd)
replacing the washer would fix it. but instead buying the same thickness size( 0.5mm)_, I went for a thicker one 1mm, which works perfect leaving just tiny gap(0.1mm). really cheap too. less than a dollar if you know how to service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom