Scuba Pro Jet fins verse Scuba Pro twin Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to get a new pair of fins soon, I've read alot of posts with people praising the Scuba Pro Jet fins and have read alot about the twin Jet fins. What are the main differences between the two? Are they designed for different types of diving? My main diving will consist of quarry diving and Carribean diving. Not really into any tech diving yet, maybe way down the road. Just looking for good all around fins to maybe help my air consumption. My old fins are pretty cheap and I think take alot more effort than the newer designs. And also I have heard the Scuba Pro Jet fins praised as the best thing since sliced bread yet when I saw an old pair at my LDS I asked the owner about them and told him I heard they were good, he basically laughed at me and said there was not another set of fins made that have given divers more blisters than those. Anyhow any advice would be appreciated.
David

when I saw an old pair at my LDS I asked the owner about them and told him I heard they were good, he basically laughed at me and said there was not another set of fins made that have given divers more blisters than those.

Look at the price of Jets and of Twin Jets. Of course he wants to sell the Twin Jets, his profit is higher. I've used my Jets for over 20 years with no blisters. From time to time, I will give a different set of fins a try. I've tried Twin Jets a couple of times. Jets are far superior to Twin Jets, IMHO.

DavidHickey:
Anyhow any advice would be appreciated.

I've never worn the Jet Fins. But I do own a pair of the black Twin Jets and love 'em.

I also know several of the Dive Cons that I hang with, have hung up their Jet Fins and moved to the Twin Jets.

Be careful with the Twin Jets. Different colours are softer rubber than others. The black ones are the stiffest, and the best performing in my opinion. We've tried the blue and chartreuse ones and found them too flexible.

Cheers!

The Kraken:
David,
Go to this thread and you'll probably find out all you want to know about the differences between the two styles of Jet fins:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=64345

the K

I dive with ScubaKevDM (the starter of the thread above) and he let me try his Jet Fins, and I still ended up buying the twin jets. I think the twin jet's give you more speed. I use the black twin jets (stiffer fin than the other colors). Personally, I shoot video, and felt I needed more speed to keep up with my group which would often be way ahead of me (still within sight) after I would finish shooting a scene or something like that. I will agree with ScubaKevDM, in that the Jets give you more maneuverability, but the twin jets give you more speed.

-Howard

Having the numerous ocassions of trying different styles and types of fins while diving has led me to one decission on the type of fin that I purchased. The best ones yet tested and purchased are the twin jets, that is my HO. Everybody has a preferance on their particular brand.

Yes the color has alot to do with the flexibility of the twin jets. They may cost a pretty penny but, it is all worth it in the long run. I get the pick up and go when I need it, pretty good for finning and frog kicking. Never developed a blister with my fins, just like a pair of shoes/boots proper fitting does wonders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom