Scuba Pro IDs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just got these regs at a great price and had them serviced. I forgot to ask the shop what model 1st stages these are, though. Any assistance in IDing them would be great.

Thanks!
showimg.jpg

and

showimg.jpg

First one is a Mk10. 2nd one is one of those new fangled jobs Mk15 or older Mk20. I think the small holes on the ambient chamber eliminate a Mk25 or even a newer Mk20.

First one looks like an MK10+, though it could be a late model MK10 (or late model MK10 upgraded to an MK10+). If the HP cap is textured, then it's an MK10+ (or upgraded MK10). The top of the plastic cap should state the model, as should the service receipt from your LDS (if they itemize, it should state the name of the repair/service kit used).

The second reg appears to me to be a straightforward MK20.

wet:
I just got these regs at a great price and had them serviced. I forgot to ask the shop what model 1st stages these are, though. Any assistance in IDing them would be great.

Thanks!
showimg.jpg

and

showimg.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. You are a big help... I picked both of those up with some other gear and a pony bottle for $120 last week!

you rtaffic limit has bene exceeded on your host site, so I can't see the pictures.

But based on the comments above, it sounds like a Mk 10 or 10 Plus and a Mk 20.

The early Mk 20's had swivel caps with small round holes. These also had a larger diameter unscalloped LP port turret (more or less like the one on the Mk 10 but with a matte chrome finish). The late production Mk 20's had oval shaped holes in the swivel cap and had a smaller diameter fluted LP port swivel. SPEC boots will not fit on late production MK 20's as the smaller swivel will not hold them in place.

The MK 15 and early Mk 20 are distinguishable by the rubber bumper/trim piece that covers the HP seat retainer on the Mk 20 and 25. In contrast, on the Mk 15, the end of the first stage opposite the LP port swivel is just bare metal with no black rubber trim piece on the end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom