Scuba outfits for dogs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your dog is eager to try, and we're talking about shore dives, I'd say go for it!

"If your dog is eager to try" :confused:

No dog is "eager to try" SCUBA. The reason they're not extinct is because they know they can't breathe underwater.

Terry

Last edited:
"Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts, I’d love to hear them."

May I respectfully ask why anyone would go to all the trouble to do this? Are dogs demanding to go scuba diving? Is there some scientific value? Is this someone's idea of humor? Is this about becoming a celebrity or making money?

I think you would be well advised to consider these questions carefully, because there are millions of dog lovers who will be - immediately and intensely - interested in the answer.

I really wasn't certain i had ACTUALLY woken up this morning when i started reading this thread......
The electronic equivalent of pinching myself seemed to be to Google the topic.

OMG i'm am SO awake now.....

Archie - Dog tales - Trivia Time with Archibald (thirteen): Scuba Dogs

Whilst i recognize and admire the Mt. Everest "because it was there" style of exploration, surely in this case the Cons far outweigh the Pros? To risk the health of a loved pet in order to achieve.....well.....what exactly?

Unless one trains a retriever to collect one's speared "catch" or a Blood Hound to seek lost divers what's the eventual point of the exercise?

(Again, with bemused but i think due, respect.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom