Scuba Olympics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In the spirit of the Olympics. If there were a SCUBA division. What would a diver need to be the best of the best and earn a gold medal?

Low vis, high current, maintain a perfect buoyancy at particular depths...
Different gear configs challenges- side mount, single tank, free diving, etc...

Dive to the Doria, single tank and come back alive, unbent.
120hp with Trimix. Descend to 200ft, touch the wreck, and then immediately ascend.

Deep end gear exchange, blindfolded without touching the bottom.

Fastest time Loading 30 steel tanks on a dive boat at low tide with the ramp at a 35 degree angle & wet......from the parking lot !!

I've conducted kids ski races at the resort where I work where they have to run from a starting line and get on their skis or snowboard and then run the course. I could envision a fast-walking start (no running by the pool!) from a preset distance, assemble your gear and get it on, giant stride into the pool and then run some sort of obstacle course.

I would think something along the lines of the pipe assembly in men of honor, along with a wreck/cave dive where you have to navigate perfectly off compass and distances and have buoyancy criteria. I don't think you could do anything along the lines of sac rate/conserving air as part of it, nor can you have anything that purposely put a diver in a high risk situation as you'd have millions watching and you need to set a good example of safest best practice.

Single tank double tank double hose sidemount rebreather, best rounded acrobatic diver pentathalon

Gold gold gold!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom