Question Scuba Juan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't see much about these guys. Has anyone dived with them? They get good marks on Trip Advisor, but their website is pretty basic. I'm curious if any serious addicts divers have anything to say.

We like Casa Mexicana and we prefer pier pickups with a waterfront shop nearby for shore night dives, so Juan checks off for us.

Thanks!

I would never judge Cozumel dive ops by their website. Most of them are terrible lol.

Not sure if you have read this thread to find the spreadsheet that lists most of the SB community recommended dive ops? But Scuba Juan is in the spreadsheet so I'd take that as a positive:

Oh, I'm not concerned with the quality of the website...my computer skills are checking email and google, so I'm no one to judge. There's just not much information on it.

That spread sheet is great, but Juan isn't listed on it. Thanks though.

Based on the response I've gotten here, I'm thinking a lot of his clientele is cruise ship and casual divers.

Oh, I'm not concerned with the quality of the website...my computer skills are checking email and google, so I'm no one to judge. There's just not much information on it.

That spread sheet is great, but Juan isn't listed on it. Thanks though.

Based on the response I've gotten here, I'm thinking a lot of his clientele is cruise ship and casual divers.
ScubaJaun is on row 40 of that spreadsheet. You have to scroll down. Maybe you could fill in some of the blanks by replying here once you've seen it? JonHall is good about updating the sheet when he gets updated info about a shop.

Super nice owner and divemasters. Very reasonable prices for guided shore dives (US$25/p day, $40/p night, minimum 2 divers, as of last August). Note that while they will just rent tanks & weights ($15/p I believe) for daytime shore dives if you want, they will not just rent tanks & weights for night dives (guide required). Perhaps they will view you differently as a dive pro, but they did require a guide for us even after we did 1 guided and 1 non-guided day dive at the same site and have dived with them on other occasions.

I believe their pier pickup for boat dives is at Hotel Barracuda (will want to confirm), so it's not the closest pier to Casa Mexicana -- walkable (perhaps far if carrying gear) or a very short taxi ride. I believe Salty Endeavors, perhaps Aldora, and some others pick up at the downtown piers closer to Casa Mexicana. Also you could walk around the corner to Tres Pelicanos and they would transport you to Marina Fonatur (that works well with Casa Mexicana's breakfast schedule).

It's been a number of years since we have done boat dives with ScubaJuan, as for various reasons other dive ops have worked out better for our specifcs, but we did enjoy the boat dives that we did with them and would be happy to dive with them again sometime.

If they have a terrible website I would bet they are solid and stay booked with repeat customers…

If they have a terrible website I would bet they are solid and stay booked with repeat customers…
Their website is actually not that bad for a dive shop, there are just some items that are hard to know from most websites. They seem to stay busy, and they've been around for a good many years. And they are not trying to fill big cattle boats -- they use the smaller boats many divers prefer in Cozumel.

It occurs to me that you may have clicked on an earlier post from the thread with the first document I put out there. Now it is in a Google document. Have some updates I'll be making shortly, but here is the link:

Dive ops by jonhall
Yeah, I found it once @nodakdive pointed it out to me. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. Remember what I said about my computer skills?

They haven't responded to my email yet, so I'll have to wait and see. I see a Salty Endeavors or Tres Pelicanos trip in my future.

Yeah, I found it once @nodakdive pointed it out to me. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. Remember what I said about my computer skills?

They haven't responded to my email yet, so I'll have to wait and see. I see a Salty Endeavors or Tres Pelicanos trip in my future.
I've found Scuba Juan to be pretty quick to respond through either Facebook Messenger or (even faster) WhatsApp - both are listed on their contact page here:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom