scuba in cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How was the isla meujeres dive? I've read several reports that Cancun diving simply doesn't compare to Cozumel. I have snorkeled in Cancun and saw little or nothing compared to what I saw snorkeling at San Francisco beach in Coz. San Fran was like a salt water aquarium compared to Cancun. So...you're in for a real treat when you dive Cozumel.

i thought the isla meujeres dive was suprisingly good considering it was a quickie, my wife had never dove the ocean before and she did not want to go any deeper than about 30ft so the dive op took us to mahones reef and we did 2 shallow dives (35ft max) lots of wild life and some decent coral, after hearing so much negative about diving around cancun i was suprised that is was actually that good, We saw nurse sharks a really large ray (eagle i think) with about a 6ft wingspan and of course turtles and lots of fish a week earlier they said there were quite a few hammerheads and some black tips probably the most wild life ive seen in my short dive life hehe

Glad to hear you had some great dives! Manchones is a nice reef structure to dive. My son's first dives last August were on Manchones, so he got to see lots of stuff. My first time a couple of years before were on Chitales and it's a junk field. Diving around Cancun is good and is close enough in proximity to the cenotes.

No, Cancun diving is not comparable to Cozumel. However, I always dive Cancun during my trips there. You are fortunate your wife is a diver. So, being gone all day on a trip to Coz is no biggie. My wife is not a diver, and it takes a big bite out of our vacation time.

If you go back again, you need to dive with Mayan Aqua Dive. Check it out.

We just got back from Cancun this evening. All of our dives were with Scuba Cancun and they were terrific! Marin guided us on 4 dives over two days. The water was great, abundant sea life and the reefs were beautiful!

I can't say enough great things about Scuba Cancun. They took great care of us, the boats were older but no big deal, the shop staff and dive support staff were awesome! We'd definately dive with them again!!!

thor1:
heading to cancun in november and i would like some dive service recomendations also going to cozumel in march so i need the same thing for there too

Recommend that you contact Ben Mooney at Mayan Aqua Dive. He's British & has just opened up his own Dive shop, Km 5.5 right alongside the Big Flag in Cancun. If you want to dive in Cancun or Cozumel, he can hook you up as he opertates dives in both places. I just has a couple of Canadians dive with Ben in Cozumel and both were impressed... I also use Ben for all of my Military clients.

If it suits you, I'll happily give you one of our Discount cards so that you get 10% Discount.... You can't get much better than that... highly recommended & with a discounted rate.... I may even find you a Free T-shirt too into the bargain !!

Regards

Al

I have to add my vote for Mayan Aqua Dive. Ben, Marcella, and Ysidro are all really wonderful. We did 2 dives with them off Isla Mujeres, and 2 off Cozumel. Best dives of our lives! Can't say enough good about them :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom