Scuba Gear/Automobile Analogy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the Fords, Chevys and Dodges of the scuba industry are buckets that you hold over your head as your buddy ties bricks to your ankles to make you sink.

I wouldn't know, never owned crap automobiles like those examples. Do GM still make Fords and Buicks?

OxyCheq (and that other brand that likes to argue) is number ONE and
everything else is second place or less.

Halycon, to much plastic, too much money.

Best regulator ever--Phoenix Royal Aqua Master.

N

Atomic is the best reg on the market. U.S. made. No equal. Nobody else has the features that the Atomic has. Try to find another reg that has Automatic Flow Control, like Atomic, that increases airflow as you descend. Check out their website and do some research. The problem with getting advice from any chat site is that you get as many opinions as there are posters. Most can't back up their opinions. Most just push what fate put into their gear bags.
Using your analogy, I would recommend:
Rolls Royce/Mercedes/Cadillac = Atomic T2
BMW/Lexus/ = Atomic B2
Hummer = Atomic ST1
Jeep = Atomic M1
Ford/Chevy = Atomic Z2
Yugo = Any of the japanese/asian manufactured regs that the other guys sell.

Go to your local Dive Store and see what they have in their rental line! First Dive Store owners can't spend top dollar, but have to worry about liability and reliability! They want easy and cheap to fix yet rugged to put up with abuse. Some of the best regs are in rental lines! Even dummies can use them!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom