Scuba diving with my new Excalibur II with some success

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brrrrr, Lake Superior.

I’ve swam in Superior a few times........for about 8 seconds each time. Holy mother of god can it get cold. LOL

8 seconds, you say? That's good. Most non-locals ricochet off that water
I've seen it happen!

Thanks for the advice and links. 100 hours sounds like a long time to learn the machines idiosyncracies, especially when we have such a short dive season up here.
I have seen your channel too, ADIE, thanks for the offer to help. I believe I will spend the winter months resrarreseaand finding a shaft or mounting option better than the stock options that theachine came with. Do you have that kind of video on your channel?
Thanks for sharing gentleman. I have much catching up to do.

DD
I upgraded my Excalibur II with an Anderson carbon fiber shaft. I also have an Anderson aluminum dive shaft, but I opted to use the standard Anderson carbon fiber shaft for SCUBA detecting and beach detecting because that particular shaft can be used comfortably for both. It was a big pain in the rear to switch out shafts between beach and diving hunts!

I upgraded my Excalibur II with an Anderson carbon fiber shaft. I also have an Anderson aluminum dive shaft, but I opted to use the standard Anderson carbon fiber shaft for SCUBA detecting and beach detecting because that particular shaft can be used comfortably for both. It was a big pain in the rear to switch out shafts between beach and diving hunts!

Is that shaft shorter than the two supplied? I noticed some divers with really short ones one Youtube. I suspect they would be easier to wield.

DD

Is that shaft shorter than the two supplied? I noticed some divers with really short ones one Youtube. I suspect they would be easier to wield.

DD
The Anderson carbon fiber shaft is collapsible. It's as long as a standard Excal shaft, but it can be collapsed into a dive shaft that is about 11" longer than the Anderson aluminum dive shaft.

Like I said before, I have both, but exclusively use the standard Anderson shaft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom