Scuba diving Philippines | Whale Shark on Snake River Prototyping Cyan Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Sharing a video filmed on a GoPro H4 on a Snake River Prototyping Cyan Filter and bobbler / SRP Tray.

Not too happy about the colors for the most part as there is a greenish hint throughout most of the video even though I used the Cyan filter.

The Whale Shark was filmed on a bobbler as the tray was not allowed; the scuba dive was filmed on a SRP tray, which is just fantastic - best invest to keep sturdy.

[video=youtube_share;ednnFPgdn5I]http://youtu.be/ednnFPgdn5I[/video]

- Snorkeling with Whale Shark in Oslob, Cebu, Philippines
- Scuba in Alona Beach, Panglao Bohol, Philippines

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Seconded on the SRP tray. Little expensive but awesome.

Question regarding your color, did you shoot in Protune or not? if you didn't shoot in protune you should, and use the protune filter on GoPro Studio application to put the colors back in. Without protune you get auto white balance, the gopro does not handle auto white balance at depth well, and it seems even worse with a filter.

Seconded on the SRP tray. Little expensive but awesome.

Question regarding your color, did you shoot in Protune or not? if you didn't shoot in protune you should, and use the protune filter on GoPro Studio application to put the colors back in. Without protune you get auto white balance, the gopro does not handle auto white balance at depth well, and it seems even worse with a filter.

Thank you for the tip - this is the first time I read to actually use Protune.

I did not use Protune and usually the colors are coming out very well. The only thing I did different this time is to shoot in very high resolution.

I will post another video of the same location soon at which the colors are much different (actually nice).

Thanks for the suggestion - I will try that out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom