Scuba Diving Accident At Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Any news about who DIVE SHOP and DIVE MASTER or INSTRUCTOR was responsible for this poor diver. Check local news:

Buzo Canadiense se Encuentra Grave

Here you have a translation of the news:

"Canadian diver seriously injured
March 28, 2016 * A diver was found drifting off the Arcos de Mismaloya, dehydrated and decomppresed ...

Seriously injured is a young diver who recently was found floating and drifting in the sea off LOS ARCOS of Mismaloya. Some boaters passing through the place realized these facts and offered him help, they told the staff of the Navy of Mexico who was conducting tours at sea and asked the help of the Red Cross paramedics.

The person is Canadian but resident origin in the city of Guadalajara, now is as serious situation in a hospital in the state capital, because as a result of the strong decompression suffered, presented a serious head injury that now keeps it serious but stable.

The authorities revealed that this unpleasant event occurred at 11:50 pm on Friday, when the Red Cross paramedics were alerted about a serious person carrying on a boat to dock Marina Vallarta.

Given these facts, the Jal-379 ambulance arrived at the dock and boarded the patient took on a boat, it was Rian Oberchoitzce, 39-old native of Canada and resident of the city of Guadalajara.

The young man was dehydrated and descompresionado, so they quickly took him to San Javier Hospital and realizing that presented an internal head injury, hence he was taken to the Naval hospital, where he was put to the hyperbaric chamber, so to stabilize the patient.

It transpired that once stabilized, was taken to San Javier hospital, where due to gravity presented, was taken to the city of Guadalajara, where remains hospitalized and under strict medical care"

Any news about who DIVE SHOP and DIVE MASTER or INSTRUCTOR was responsible for this poor diver.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I would like to remind you, the OP, and others who may make subsequent posts, that the special rules for this forum do not allow blaming. The purpose is to review the factual details of the dive and identify ways to prevent future occurrence.

Due to the interesting translation, it is a little haphazard . . .

Did he perhaps get a head injury and therefore had to be brought to the surface without deco?

Jax, to me, it sounds more like something brought the diver to the surface improperly but then the diver recieved a head injury. I suppose I read it this way merely because it seems more likely to me that a boat clipped him. But why he also needed decompression escapes me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom