SCUBA DIVING 2002 (Best and Worst)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEST

1) Got Certified in June 2002
2) Got to know lots of Diving Friends :D

WORST

1) Can never get enough diving cos the Monsoon Season came
4 months after I got certified . Am still dry at this moment
;-0
2) Not enough money to venture far to other dive sites in around
the region
3) Not Enough money to get FULL gears. (only Basic gears :( )

so my resolution for 2003 will

1) Get full gears
2) dive more and SAFE
3) Learn more :D

Happy New year everyone :)

Best

1. Getting OWSI after having been a DM for 5 years, a diver for 12. Waffled about it for too long. (LOL, I was the most experienced in my IDC/IE INCLUDING IDC STAFF, fancy that (excluding CD and examiner)

2. Getting back into diving after having had a broken ankle last half of last year.

3. Another sojourn to Akumal with great buddies. Met Campana and reacquainted with Roakey.

Worst

1. Went through 3 computers this year. One stolen, two replacements malfunctioned for "who knows why". Good argument for carrying tables and a bottom timer as backup.

2. Gaining too much weight in Akumal (good food and too many chocolate chip cookies). Back to the Y.

Best: 1- Reaching 100 dives
2- 2 Liveaboard trips, Mexico 2 times and 2 trips to West
Palm Beach, FL.
3- All the great dive buddies I have met this year and this
board of great buddies too.
Worst: 1- My computer going out on my first dive in the Bahamas
2- Getting seasick every time I dove with my brother(did
not on other dive trips)
3-Not diving the last two months of the year.

Wow what a year!
Best:
1. Going to French Polynesia
2. Starting to take pics u/w
3. Getting my wife more interested in diving
4. Splurging for new equipment
5. Hitting #300
5. Making friends and learning on this board

Worst.
1. Leaving French Polynesia
2. Taking u/w pics (what a steep learning curve!)
3. Living so far from open water (although the mountains don't suck)

Actually a great dive year. Thanks to all involved in making it one

Best
-I was diving few days ago (last sunday) even if here in the Mediterranean sea is quite cold.
-Passed number 10 dive (I know it might sound nothing to all the experienced divers of you, but I'm only certified since november).
-I am planning a trip to Mexico for next April-May.
Worse
-I don't live in a diving area
-I don't know many divers

Best:

Spending a week in Miami diving my a** off with a great friend and getting reaqaunted with wreck diving (I have been a Cave Diver exclusively for the last 7 years or so)

Worst:

Same as above, 'cause now I am trying to figure out how to move from NW Florida to the Keys (yeah, I know that sounds all whiny, but....).

Bests

• 60+ dives in 02
  • Two liveaboard trips, one on the Caribbean Explorer (SABA, St Kitts from St. Maarten), one on the Sea Fever (Bimini from Florida). I meet some great folks and had a great time with lots of folks on liveaboards...
  • AOW on the SABA trip; GREAT drift dives on Victory Reef off Bimini...
  • Dove the Antilla (off Aruba) 4 times in April (once at night)
  • Dove the Speigel Grove 4 times in August

Worst

• Flooded My Digital Camera in August (Canon IXUS 330 Digital Elph II). Lessons learned (I hope).

The best? Getting AOW and Rescue qualified
in July. Then diving some great 100' wrecks
in Lake Huron at Thunder Bay and Tobermory.

The worst: Qualifying for Social Security in
August. [I voted for Kennedy. JOHN Kennedy]:doctor:

Best:
1 My most memorable,although not scenic, but very fun. Coming back from the deep dive off La Jolla shores. Putting a finger in the sand to stop from going back with the surge and the BEST part, letting go of the sand and FLYING with the surge back in. It was so much fun!..:)

2) Diving in good vis 35-60 feet (anacapa)

3 First time with scuba in pool

Worst:
1) Getting stuck in kelp during a night dive with very poor vis.and having the entire group including my buddy and the instrutor leave me behind. After panicing and coughing on water twice, I managed to calm down enough to remember kelp can be broken. I managed to literally inch my way towards the surface and then finally got up enough nerve to drop the light (it was attached) and grab the kelp with both hands to break free. They were all on the surface, but they were NOT looking for me...:( (This was in La Jolla cove.)

I only have the one "worst" experience. I love diving and I want to do another night dive so I can get the one worst experience behind me...:)

By far the best for me:

1. Seeing my Wife’s face after she surfaced from the first real dive of her diving career.

2. Our trip to French Polynesia....still not over that....meeting Scuba Jim and his better half :D half way around the world...and of course Mantaboy and Loic !!!!

3. Meeting some really great people on the board....and the friendships that have come out of it...and for more to come

4. The enthusiasm that my better half has towards this sport :)….never in a million years did I think I would see that

Worst.....Like Bacchus said.....

Leaving that enchanted paradise

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom