Scuba divers wanted for Superyacht careers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Providing training programs in expanding industries that didn't exist hardly a decade or two ago is not the same as advertising for jobs, even though the advertiser only provides training and is not hiring anyone.

I don't see how one could see them as the same.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a trade school, head hunters, employment agencies, or super yachts, as far as that goes. The issue I have is combining them into one buisness facilitates abuce of trust to maximize profit. In this model there is no one looking out for the clients best intrest, although everyone implies they are.

Bob

@Cian O'Fearghail and @spoolin01 , you DO have potentially happy recruits (the young, and unfettered, with indulgent parents, like my kids for instance) so I want to help you find that crowd.
Straight up say what you are offering, “training, plus referrals. “
Then make a presence for yourself on Scubaboard for those, (and there are MANY) who want that.
So what you really want is to start your own sub-forum under this community page;
Q and A for Scuba Certification Agencies
So Ask @Storker, (who is a mod) to help you set it up so you can reach more people who want what you are really offering, and to promote discussion from your happy graduates about the cool jobs and experiences they eventually got. Perhaps my daughter will sign up post college for a chance to avoid joining the computer science rat race for a year or two.

Sounds like my tour in the Navy, just substitute officers for guests.

Bob

Haha, I was just about to post the same

I
, not that you felt sorry for the yacht owner.

Nah....you are still missing my point. My issue is with the pitch in this specific forum. It’s a disguised ‘sell’ not a ‘job offer’. I’m questioning if it should be in this forum stream. I don’t know for sure obviously, but I’ll be pretty surprised if you speak to the ‘consultant’ after application and there is any chance you will hear ‘no, I wouldn’t advise any of our paid courses as you don’t need them with your experience’ it’s the verbiage I have an issue with. It’s akin to a ‘become a real estate mogul at our conference..’

I have no idea where you are getting that I feel sorry for yacht owners..I think you are reading it as you want to read it.But then again...maybe I am with the OP’s post. I’m sure no one has ever been confused that it is a job posting as opposed to a ‘Oh.....oh, so I need to do xxx courses with you for $xxxxxx and then there is a chance I will get a job maybe?’

Tough crowd here.

I agree that help wanted is not the best forum, and it’s unclear whether the trainee or potential employer is the true client.

Back
Top Bottom