Scuba Diver speared in accident.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope Mark has a full recovery soon from this terrible accident.

In 35 years spearfishing my only accident was poking one small hole in a boat's t-top... while holding the tip up to avoid passengers, but never-the-less it was my fault.

I personally know of 2 guys that have been shot by other spearfishermen, and a couple guys who accidentally powerheaded themselves, including an ex-Marine on my boat who negligently put a loaded powerhead in a weight pocket of his BC. It could have been worse... he might have hit me or another buddy on the boat that day.

Shooting another diver, well... it goes without saying, but it has almost never happened.

If you want to learn more about the real world of spearfishing, check out the October issue of Dive Training Magazine. Not in 25 years has a major dive publication printed a story on spearfishing, and this one is both accurate and possitive!

Also for a lot more information pick up a copy of Spearfishing Magazine at a local dive store.

Chad

Last I heard he had had the last operation planned and was recovering. The doctors were pleased with his progress. That's been a couple of days ago. I think this has gotten lost with the focus on Nikki.

Does anyone know how Mark is doing?

Any update on Mark's condition?

I was in Palatka last week and went by the Dive Shack. There was a get well message posted, but no news.

This was on Spearboard yesterday:

GOOD NEWS !! Mark had surgery yesterday, all closed up and on the mend. Barbara said that he wants to go home. He does not realize yet how long he has been there, when she told him. It will take some time for it all to get his thought process back to normal. Dr says that this is normal when someone has been "out" for a while as he has been. They did get him up yesterday morning before surgery for a short while. Surgery was from 1 pm to about 5 pm. I will try to go see him in a day or two, give him some time to get talking again. Again Barbara says thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes.

This was on Spearboard yesterday:

GOOD NEWS !! Mark had surgery yesterday, all closed up and on the mend.

That's great! I'm so glad to hear he's doing well.

Thanks for the update!

******************** MODERATOR POST ********************
I have deleted several posts that are off the topic.
Please stay on the topic – Diver Injured by Spear Gun Accident
If you want to debate the merits of Spear Fishing, start your own thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom