Scuba Diver Panic from 15 meters - Scuba Diving Incident Analysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something similar happened with my gf, this happened before getting certified and we did a discovery dive. She was having a hard time in the pool but with some extra attention from the instructor she pushed thru it.

When it came time for the actual dive there were at least 2-3 other groups of divers and the DM explained that our group would be himself, another female (later learned to be his daughter), my gf and myself. When it was our turn I would go first descending via the line. I descended with no issues and thought it was odd that no one was joinin* me but eventually the DM and my gf joined me. I thought it was wierd that the other female wasn’t with us but the DM motioned me to follow him.

During the dive I grabbed my gf’s butt and later I tried to do it again and that’s when I noticed that wasn’t my gf. As soon as we surfaced I apologized like crazy and she said no big deal. Turns out that while descending down the line my gf decided to call the dive but the DM was insisting to continue so at about 4-5 meters she yanked off her mask and regulator end bolted for the surface.

Best part of the story is that when we docked the DMs daughter asked me if I wanted to join her in the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom