Scuba Diver Caught Smuggling Drugs Across U.S.-Canada Border

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is part of a sting. Not really, that's border patrols problem when it comes to ILLEGAL crossings. I was referring to the ease of travelers with boats. The ferries along the river are far better than the bridge, or coming across on your own vessel.

"Canadian Pharmacies." There's one near my house.

It's probably just a situation where he lost his lead weights and needed to get his buoyancy right. He probably just used what he had laying around. Cut him a little slack!

That's not what my experience has been. Entering the US from Canada is much more painful than the other way around, up to the point where I still have to give my fingerprints every 3 months (and pay for that) even with my Canadian permanent residency.

When you enter back to Canada tell the officer that you were out of the country for 2 years an 364 days, that you were on a grand voyage and now ran out of funds and decided to come back :). I guarantee you fun time :)
You get the trouble from the US because you are not a canadian. If you are saying you have to pay every 3 month it tells me you likely enter under visa waiver program so you do not have a visa in your passport and you did not go through the consulate checks so they kind of check you on the spot. If you have a visa they give you the form which is valid for 6 month and usually make way less troubles.
Entering Canada as you are canadian perm resident immigration does not care much unless the suspect you are violating the residency terms. But of cause the customs is trying to give you hard time as they want taxes :)
When you are a Canadian citizen going through US border is usually fast and painless but going back is as hard as again our folks want some taxes on your purchases :)

When you enter back to Canada tell the officer that you were out of the country for 2 years an 364 days, that you were on a grand voyage and now ran out of funds and decided to come back :). I guarantee you fun time :)
You get the trouble from the US because you are not a canadian. If you are saying you have to pay every 3 month it tells me you likely enter under visa waiver program so you do not have a visa in your passport and you did not go through the consulate checks so they kind of check you on the spot. If you have a visa they give you the form which is valid for 6 month and usually make way less troubles.
Entering Canada as you are canadian perm resident immigration does not care much unless the suspect you are violating the residency terms. But of cause the customs is trying to give you hard time as they want taxes :)
When you are a Canadian citizen going through US border is usually fast and painless but going back is as hard as again our folks want some taxes on your purchases :)
Yes I know all that. My point was that entering Canada as a foreigner (e.g. someone with a European citizenship) is easier than entering the US under the same circumstances. You don't need to pay anything, you don't need to give your fingerprints, you don't have to have your photo taken, you don't need a visa ahead of time, you don't need a "visa waiver" (which is a joke, as it's just a different kind of visa) and you don't need ESTA ahead of time. The fact that the US makes it easier for Canadians is simply an exception to the rule.

Funny the only ones complaining are none born US or Canadian citizens what a joke.

Yes you are correct it is actually an exception to the rule as Canada has special agreements with the US.

I'm not a fun of this scanning/fingerprinting crap either.

On the other hand Australia requires visas (although electronic but you still pay around $20 bucks) even for Canadians despite of the fact we have the same Queen :)

Go figure..

Yes I know all that. My point was that entering Canada as a foreigner (e.g. someone with a European citizenship) is easier than entering the US under the same circumstances. You don't need to pay anything, you don't need to give your fingerprints, you don't have to have your photo taken, you don't need a visa ahead of time, you don't need a "visa waiver" (which is a joke, as it's just a different kind of visa) and you don't need ESTA ahead of time. The fact that the US makes it easier for Canadians is simply an exception to the rule.

Guns make Canada :crying2:

PLEASE - get your effing facts straight. It was NOT a diver. It was a surface swimmer in a wetsuit pulling a dry bag. No SCUBA invalved, no diver involved. A s u r f a c e swimmer in a freakin wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom