Scuba Death - Umkomaas South Africa - 21 Mar 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep in USA barely a highschool sports season goes by without several cardiac incidents in practice sessions or events.

Such a sad story! But with these things, its doubtful we'll find out more. If it is something like bad gas... yikes. Who was the operator? Does anyone know the profile for this site?

I am very familiar with Blue Visions Dive Center and their owners and highly recommend them in the Aliwal area. They place a high priority on safety, so as with any story, I am sure there are many sides to this unfortunate tale, but would certainly vouch that the operator acted appropriately.

I am not aware of anything that's been made public.

Unsubstantiated rumours in the Tech community are that the PPO2 in the loop dropped. The alarm on the unit went off. Instead of bailing out, the diver headed for depth. I have no idea if there's truth to the rumour. Most likely we will need to wait for the manufacturer's release of their findings.

Assuming he had bailout if you listen to rumors. There is some very silent people close to this incident. As I said before, the unit performed as expected with correct event/alarm information displayed and the manufacturer will confirmed this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom