SCUBA death in Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archer1960

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[h=3]I was preparing for a night dive there tonight when I heard about this. My dive was called off because of the weather (too big of waves for a night dive).

Diving incident off of Jamestown coast leaves one dead[/h] Posted: Jul 19, 2015 4:10 PM EST Updated: Jul 19, 2015 4:33 PM EST By Rick CoutoConnect

[h=6][/h]

JAMESTOWN, R.I. - Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management Police are investigating a fatal scuba diving incident off the coast of Jamestown Sunday.
D.E.M. officials tell NBC 10 that a 40-year-old male from Windsor, Connecticut was pulled from the water off of Fort Wetherill around 10:41 a.m. The diver, whose name is being withheld, was taken to shore and transported by the Jamestown Fire Department to Newport Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
D.E.M. officials tell NBC 10 that the adult male was diving with a group of people. The cause of the accident is under investigation by D.E.M. police. No other information was immediately available.

Very sad to hear this.

under water some where

Wow...just did a dive there on Saturday.

I saw an article somewhere that had the man's name and age, which I remember was about 35 maybe 37 a late 20's 28-29 year old was his buddy who was also taken to the hospital for issues relating to his attempt to rescue his buddy and released.

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2015 at 10:25 AM ----------

I found the article it was 1987. Sorry but it was during third shift! Here's the link check it out.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=pPIMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2867,2145930&hl=en

Back
Top Bottom