SCUBA.COM --- update ---

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt.JimDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well in the past months I posted here a question-like posting indicating a problem with my newly discovered online scuba gear purchase source.

I have to be fair and mention what happened since then too...

Well, I've been working with Bob at Scuba.com for the most of my equipment purchases and it has been a pleasure to work with him and Scuba.com since last two months.

Price matching, speedy shipping, good product quality, no question asked return policy, replacement (satisfaction) guarantee.... It all worked perfectly. Flawless service since then with perfect communication.

They had my business in the past and they will continue to have my business in the future .

Just wanted to mention...

Jim! Shhhhh!!!! Careful with nice comments like that!!! Gosh... next thing you know everybody is going to be calling and expecting service like that! *kidding*

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts. It's been my pleasure helping you. I made the mistake of telling my grandson about going for a Yellow Sub ride, and now it's all I hear about, so we very well may be over to see you soon!

How's the new suit working out for you now?

Bob

Glad your service with them is going well. I've placed three orders with them, and all three times the items I ordered were held up on a 'backorder from the manufacturer' and it took me more almost three weeks for my order to come in. I will still order from them, but only as a last resort.

jswantek>>> few of my items held back too. Not that long though. Just for a few days. But it thought me a lesson. Now if I need something urgent first I call them and check if the item is in stock and if it can be shipped asap. If the answer is "yes" then I place the order. For example I ordered the Pinnacle Mesh Bag and held back by manufacturer. But I am not in a rush. Same thing happened for my boots too but only for two days and today they arrived.

Bob>>> Whenever you guys can, the yellow-submarine is ready for your grandson's inspection :)
I couldn't find the time to dive yet. I got my wetsuit wet on Aug 14th during my #2, #3 and #4 of OW certification dives on the same day.
That was it!
I love the suit and hoping that it will be relaxed a little after some use. Now I am able to get in it by myself with the help of dive skin and lycra socks I've purchased from Scuba.com. But still I can't close the zipper on my own though. But working on it.
Thanks again...
Now I am waiting for my Pinnacle Mesh Bag to arrive.

When that arrives, I will be completely equipped to dive. Then all I need to rent is weights to go in my BC and a tank.

Jim,

We'll be over soon. We might wait for the summer crush to be over and come a week or two after Labor Day. What days are you around?

Bob

Back
Top Bottom