Scuba club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are planning a group trip to Cozumel and was wondering if anyone has been to Scubaclub Cozumel? We were thinking about the beginning of March/2004. Would like to hear from anyone who has dove there, or anyone who knows of a better deal?

There are plenty of cheaper ways to go but SCC is my favorite. Large boats make for comfortable ride but they only put small groups in water. Reasonably accomodating on dive sites. Very clean rooms with good plumbing. All-inclusive is room, meals, and diving only. No drinks but super market 2 blocks north and fridge in room. They are working for tips and the service shows it. When you get tired of their shore dive, take a taxi about 1km south and drift back - it a little over an hour at 20 ft.

I am planning a spring trip to coz, and was thinking of staying with scuba club. Does anyone know the boat time to the drop off reefs. It seems like the resort is pretty far from the southern reefs. I like the size of sc, small and close to the water.

Thanks,
Mike

As I recall, boats start loading about 8 am. All are usually on their way by 0830. It's usually a 30 to 45 minute ride to 1st site so you arrive with the pack.

Highly recommend scuba club cozumel. Food and diving were great. No complaints from me.

Our club was there the week before 9/11/01. The boat left the dock at 8:00am. trip time anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

My wife and I found the food qualitity to be very good. We never went hungry but were never completely stuffed either.

I've heard others say there were cheaper ways to go. We did it for 999/pp including air from orlando (7 nights, 5 days of diving, 3 meals /day (Dinner only on the day we arrived, Breakfast only the day we returned to the states). We were thinking about it again this July for a price of around 1199.

We usually walked into town each afternoon.

One problem - One of our members complained in reference to being up in the morning: "All of this diving is seriously cutting into my drinking".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom