Scuba club comes to the rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On May 29, the following was posted on the Greater Omaha SCUBA Club's Facebook page:

Praying and hoping for a good citizen scuba diver. Went out to the lake on memorial day and lost something of extremely high value to me. I lost a pair of sunglasses given to me by my recently late stepfather. They have infinite value to me and I'm absolutely desperate to retrieve them. They r in about 10 feet of water with approximately 2 foot visibility. I'm hoping there is someone out there with a huge heart that can help me retrieve them for they belonged to my step dad recently taken by cancer. It would mean sooo much to me to get them back. Please let me know if you'd be willing to help me in my quest. I can't tell you how much it would truly mean to find them. Thanks.

On the morning of June 10 club members Tom and Lloyd did a recovery dive off a dock at a lake near Valley, NE to try and locate the sunglasses. They did a search using a rope and widened the search with each pass. I have to admit I had my doubts but after 21 minutes - success! Tom located the sunglasses in 21 ft. of water. Woo hoo!!! Nice work guys! Jaime was thrilled to say the least. Visibility was approximately 2 ft. with a water temp of 68. The search was easier in that the lake bottom was flat and sandy, not mucky. Below are a couple of photos. Don't you just love a happy ending?

The club was on TV - I'm not the club's Public Information Officer for nothing. :wink:

Priceless Sunglasses Found in Bottom of Lake - KPTM FOX 42: Omaha News, Sports and Weather; kptm.com |
Good Samaritans Dive in a Lake to Search for Glasses - www.kmtv.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom