Scuba Club Alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildebesste

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

My wife and I are looking forward to getting back in the ocean after all the disappointments of the last year. Due to childcare though, we won't be able to travel together. Instead we are planning on making a couple of trips and covering for each other. The first place that sprang to mind was Scuba Club - we stayed there in 2018 and enjoyed it. The all inclusive dive/lodging/board set up appeals considering we will each be there alone. Found it very friendly and there is no need to go out if you don't want to. Unfortunately they are not doing meals in the month of August, meaning that we'd have to schlep about of an evening. Sometimes I just can't be bothered, and for my wife there are additional safety concerns.

Does anybody of a similar set up they would recommend? Or alternative ideas?

Thanks

can't bring the kids ? maybe check out hotel cozumel. it is right next door (now a wyndam property
)

Actually, two meals a day worked out well for us. Big breakfast, late lunch when the boat gets back, and drinks and snacks in the bar at sunset. You can always make a run to Chedraui for treats if you get hungry. We were there for three weeks in November and never went to town for dinner.

The office will arrange for delivery if you want.

We'll be back July 31 - August 21...

Reactions: JFS
Actually, two meals a day worked out well for us. Big breakfast, late lunch when the boat gets back, and drinks and snacks in the bar at sunset. You can always make a run to Chedraui for treats if you get hungry. We were there for three weeks in November and never went to town for dinner.

The office will arrange for delivery if you want.

We'll be back July 31 - August 21...

Awesome, we're talking Scuba Club right?

Blue Angel might work since it has a nice restaurant on site. Probably enough variety for a week or so.

And you can put everything on your room so it has an AI "feel" in that you don't have to carry around money. Breakfast is/was included.

Just flagging that many of the major restaurants on the island deliver (as long as you are in town or on the edge of town, not 5 or 10 miles outside ). Most have done so for years and for others that was the only way to survive early in Covid. Doubt you would want to do this every night but can certainly add some variety if you are mostly staying in each night. I have my own place so I don’t know exactly where delivery service stops at hotels you have mentioned (would assume Scuba Club and Wyndham/hotel Cozumel wouldn’t be a problem since they are practically in town , I suspect Blue Angel but it is slightly further )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom