SCUBA Checklists | Market Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are a new start up conducting market research into SCUBA checklists. Whether you're amateur, pro, new to diving or experienced, we'd love your hear your thoughts. The survey takes less than 60 seconds and can be accessed here:

Market Research - SCUBA Slate

Follow us too on Facebook and Twitter @scubaslate

Thank you

Filled it in.

Interesting, it made me think about what I actually need to remember and most of it involves dive planning, so well before getting wet. The resources for dive planning are on my club's website...

FYI... this is not a money-maker.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This is not designed to be a moneymaker. The idea was born by a couple of divers who enjoy thinking, talking and continuing their passion for diving when the weather turns and we find ourselves stuck on land. We have several checklist ideas, in several formats which may, or may not, appeal to divers of all levels. This will include free downloadable resources on our website. Research shows how many diving incidents have resulted from a series of much smaller error chains - many of which may have been avoided by the use of a simple checklist. We appreciate that many divers won't need / want to use a checklist.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This is not designed to be a moneymaker. The idea was born by a couple of divers who enjoy thinking, talking and continuing their passion for diving when the weather turns and we find ourselves stuck on land. We have several checklist ideas, in several formats which may, or may not, appeal to divers of all levels. This will include free downloadable resources on our website. Research shows how many diving incidents have resulted from a series of much smaller error chains - many of which may have been avoided by the use of a simple checklist. We appreciate that many divers won't need / want to use a checklist.

Thank you
The use of checklists is indisputably important. The problem you will face is the extremely low level of training that dominates the industry and the mindset that it creates. I wish you luck.

The use of checklists is indisputably important. The problem you will face is the extremely low level of training that dominates the industry and the mindset that it creates. I wish you luck.
Thank you. We agree entirely with your comments on the low level of diver training in many circumstances. We hope our products go some way in not only minimising risk, but perhaps educating divers further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom