Scuba And Surfing In Aus.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaitlyn

New
Reaction score
ALOHA,

MY NAME IS KAITLYN. I HAVE COME FROM KAUAI HAWAII AM NOW IN BALI INDONESIA AND IM GOING TO AUSTRALIA AND NEED SOME INFORMATION. I AM A SURFER AND SCUBA INSTRUCTOR. IM LOOKING FOR A PLACE IN AUSTRALIA THAT HAS RELATIVLY WARM WATER DECENT WAVES THAT ARE NOT INSAINELY CROUDED AND HAS A DIVE SHOP I CAN WORK AT. IF YOU HAVE ANY LEADS E-MAIL ASAP I LEAVE FOR DARWIN THIS THURS. 08-26-04. silversurferkauai@hotmail.com

Kaitlyn:
ALOHA,

MY NAME IS KAITLYN. I AM HEADED FOR DARWIN THIS THURS. 08-26-04. I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT HAS RELATIVLY WARM WATER DECENT WAVES THAT ARE NOT TOO CROUDED AND A DIVE SHOP I CAN WORK AT. THIS CAN BE ANYWHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME. IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE ANY LEADS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD PLEASE E-MAIL ASAP silversurferkauai@hotmail.com

I really wouldn't recommend diving in Darwin - the crocodiles will get ya. Further south - Queensland (Cairns etc) or West Oz (Coral Bay, Exmouth etc) would be better and safer choices.

I didnt think there was any surf off Cairnes. Generally if you want surf, you have to be south of the GBR. On the east coast, maybe check out some places in the Sunshine coast, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, South West Rocks, etc. They all only have fairly small dive shops though, so finding work won't be easy. I'll let someone else speak for Western Aus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom