Screen protector removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to safely remove those thick plastic scratch screens? I recently bought a used rental computer and want to replace the scratched up protector screen, but it seems to be really latched on there.

Most of them just snap in, but of course they're easier to snap in than out because you don't want them falling off easily, but they generally pop off with a little leverage from something, like a wooden or plastic chopstick. If you can't just pop it off, break it at one of the tabs and take the pieces out instead (you're going to throw it away anyway, right?). Just be careful not to break the computer case itself.

I'm really paranoid that I'll damage the casing. I'm going to bring it to a dive shop tomorrow and ask about what they use to remove them as they have similar protectors on their Mares Puck computers.

I'm really paranoid that I'll damage the casing. I'm going to bring it to a dive shop tomorrow and ask about what they use to remove them as they have similar protectors on their Mares Puck computers.

As Quero has pointed out they are easier to get on than off. I have a Suunto and ended up snapping it, on purpose, as it didn't look like it was coming off any other way. If you are that worried about damaging the computer get the shop to do it for you, if they are a customer service based LDS they may well do it for free even if they charge can't imagine it costing much. Watch them do it if you can then you will know for next time. Let us know how you get on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom