Screen Capture Tools
Have you ever seen an image in your Internet Browser or elsewhere on you computer screen that you wanted to include in a post on ScubaBoard? It is really easy with these screen capturing tools.
Microsoft Windows 10
Snip & Sketch is included in Windows 10 and includes most features you will need. You can get it at no cost at the Microsoft Store if it was deleted.
Take a screenshot on your Mac
Just copy the captured image to your Clipboard and Paste it into ScubaBoard's editor.
There are a number of commercial products available for Microsoft Windows and Apple Macs. Most of the screen images in the FAQ forum were captured and edited with Snagit. Useful features to look for include:
- Image editing tools including color changes, selected image removal and moving, and transparent backgrounds
- Image cropping and resizing
- Annotation including adding text, arrows, lines, highlighting, object rotation, and basic drawing functions
- The ability to combine images for side-by-side comparisons and adding screen pointers
- Adjustable time delays to capture images that include mouseover and context menus
- Video screen capture with basic editing tools
- Text from image capture conversions
- Irregular image capture zones
- Call-out and numbered step tools
- Image conversion between raster image formats
- Ability to open existing images in different formats
Use Report to correct broken links, typos, or make suggestions.