Scratches on my gauges...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
sad thing is I use retractors on everything but if you fall on your Butt they don't help
Perhaps some form of training wheels on the surface would help? :rofl3:

Good luck with your, ummm, balance :)

shark_tamer:
I thought retractors were not DIR :rofl3: :rofl3:

They work whoever they are for.

now children were you bad while I was toothpasting my gauges???? It did help, you can see through them better, though my fingers are shorter now. Aren't fins training wheels? And I am as graceful as a butterfly Big Al, but even a butterfly can get hit by a rogue wave.

Back to the scratch issue, if you go to a hardware store or motorcycle shop, they usually have a plexi windshield polish for sale. Nice stuff and works well on on plastic/plexi material. (Works on damaged CD's and DVD's too)

Great advice.. I never even thought of that. I have it in my Harley bag as we speak.
Thanks a ton.

DarkCoffee:
Back to the scratch issue, if you go to a hardware store or motorcycle shop, they usually have a plexi windshield polish for sale. Nice stuff and works well on on plastic/plexi material. (Works on damaged CD's and DVD's too)
thnks for the tip.... now I'll play Demis Roussos oldie again:D

shark_tamer:
At my LDS, they sell clear stickers basically the same size as a gauge. When scratched just peel it and apply a new one .... 10 for 5,95$

+1 The gauge saver plastic covers are a very cheap type of protection. If you spend $6 to prevent a scratch gouge that could compromise the gauge, isn't it worth it? I think so.

The plexi windshield polish works well, but be gentle with it as it can cause more damage if you're not patient with it.

maged_mmh:
thnks for the tip.... now I'll play Demis Roussos oldie again:D

Oh Man! My old recordings of Demious Roussos were on 8 track tape and vinyl! I'd forgot about him! Thanks for the memory!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom