Scout light reflector assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel once bubbled...
Its the same as an SL4, right??

It turns on after only 3 turns or so...
Not sure how many turns...depends on how loose you have it. Yes, it is an SL4...I broke one of my lightheads and swapped the entire head from my old SL4.

yup, it's an SL4 head, the whole thing.

Tom

I lent mine out and it was flooded and gummed up, bought an SL4 replacement and stuck it in there. I have two, the one that wasn't broken doesn't turn on until its almost all the way screwed down. The one I replaced turns on almost immediately after I start screwing it down.

The difference has got to be in the reflector assembly because if I swap them, it moves with it!

I'll search it for some adjustment or something...

Matt

sillygrendel once bubbled...
I lent mine out and it was flooded and gummed up, bought an SL4 replacement and stuck it in there. I have two, the one that wasn't broken doesn't turn on until its almost all the way screwed down. The one I replaced turns on almost immediately after I start screwing it down.

The difference has got to be in the reflector assembly because if I swap them, it moves with it!

I'll search it for some adjustment or something...

Matt
I didn't notice a difference in the one I switched...we can compare them next time we meet up if you want.

I noticed that. I was taking batteries out of my SL6 and placing them in my scout when I looked at the two heads and noticed they were the same.

I do remember that the bulbs looked a little different, but I'll have to check again when I have them in front of me.

For what it is worth the new Scout lights use a completely new bulb reflector lens assembly made by halcyon and you can replace just the bulb.

Maybe retrofitable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom