Scorpion Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic pictures. Thanks! I've never seen one either. Tell us more!

Taken in Roatan

aap.sized.jpg

i saw one change right in front of me in the Red Sea, it swam onto the coral, as we got too close (trying to take pics) and it settled on a lighter piece and we saw it change, it was amazing

I've never actually seen one change colors but I suspected they had to. There's just too many color variations of them out there. Still one of the ugliest and coolest fish on the reef!

Dee once bubbled...
I've never actually seen one change colors but I suspected they had to. There's just too many color variations of them out there. Still one of the ugliest and coolest fish on the reef!

Thoses weren't ugly, this is ugly:

fdc0b8d6.jpg

How cute!

uwdigital,

Here is a small, red "smiling" scorpin fish I found on a barrel sponge at Sangalaki Island. He (or she) was all of maybe 3-4" long.

The picture was taken with a S&S MM I with a closeup lens attachment and 2, YS-50 strobes.

Rickg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom