Scientific Diver Authorization Course-Host?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Team NUMA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Diving for Science at Aquarena,
Does anyone have info on who might be a "host Dive shop",
in the North Texas area, for the S.D.A. course in San Marcus?

Thanks,
Team Numa

Hi Team NUMA,

When I took the Science Diver course last year there was no need for a "host" shop, you could just sign up for it. But... as rules change, I do know that International Scuba over in Carrollton has taken groups down for the training in the past.

-Brad

Diving for Science at Aquarena,
Does anyone have info on who might be a "host Dive shop",
in the North Texas area, for the S.D.A. course in San Marcus?

Thanks,
Team Numa

Diving for Science : Aquarena Center : Texas State University

You can contact Eric Peterson to sign up as an individual for the class at his email address:

Eric Peterson seaspete@msn.com

Have fun diving.

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn has it right on the money. One doesn't sign up with a shop, but the Center itself through Eric. If you have problems in doing that, contact Mack at Oak Hill Scuba. He can help put you in touch.

Shawn has it right on the money. One doesn't sign up with a shop, but the Center itself through Eric. If you have problems in doing that, contact Mack at Oak Hill Scuba. He can help put you in touch.

One more contacts to get you Science Diver Certified:

diving coordinator Aquarena Center is Erica at: Diving for Science

divingforscience@txstate.edu

Hope this gets you in the water diving with us. You can't go wrong local diving in Texas. :D

Thanks Guba. I think Eric and the folks at Aquarena prefer that you sign up through a shop. If none of the folks in DFW land can help, then feel free to call me at Oak Hill Scuba (512) 892-4900. Or, you can PM me and we'll get it taken care of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom