Scary Crazy PMS-ing Women Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:
Mark, seriously, you are SUCH a dreamboat. I must have you.

so many mermaids, so little time,

I think I need to move to catalina to study under the master Bill; "the Love doctor"

divemistress:
Curiously, I've never actually met or known a woman like this. And many of my best friends are women :)......I've also never heard another woman describe describe a woman like this.

Worth noting: There are some men in this world with nasty tempers, and some of them probably dive. And there are other men in this world put down their wives all the time, at least in public -- snapping at the women, interrupting when they try to speak, contradicting, criticizing. I KNOW some of these men dive -- I've seen and heard them on dive boats.

I have, in all my 42 years, known ONE woman who had this kind of PMS. I worked with her, and it was really and truly scary!!!!! It was a complete personality change, like being in a room with a mad dog.

I know I am a bit tired and impatient when in PMS mode, and it is not a good idea to push me as I will lose my temper (something I don't do often). However, I do recall noting that my ex seemed to be as irritable and cranky EVERY DAY as I was during PMS! Think of it guys: living with someone who had PMS every single day . . . .

sorry to all, i just found this thread and Mark, mad caw was already taken hahahahahahahahaha

if anything, PMS makes me more careful about everything, much more aware of everythign that's going on. It also blows verbal communication out the window, for some reason, just before I period, I have real issues getting words out. Writing down is fine, just speaking doesnt work as well as it usually does.

weird that??

I house-shared with a woman that had severe PMS - the other housemates & I started to track it so that we could avoid her when she was in psycho week - and literally it would be for a whole week. Unbearable. Most of us moved out when the tenancy was up.
But..... she is the only woman I have encountered who had this.

I've not had the dubious honor of meeting another woman with serious PMS either. Most I know, including myself, are like what DiveMistress described....craving carbs, crampy, tired and maybe a little more weepie at a sad movie or program. THankfully this is a malady I've avoided.

aren't you? or whatever one calls the male equivalent.

what do you suppose one DOES call periodic male bouts of male ill humor? (aside from the few jokes women make that can't be repeated here :))

cheers,

dm

p.s. try hershey symphony bars with toffee bits. they make me feel a LOT better.

Walter:
You sure are, Darlin'.

(I'm gonna regret that one, but sometimes I can't resist the cheap shot)

Speaking of cheap shots, why was is named "PMS?"

It's funny, the only real symptom I have of PMS is the intolerance of anyone chewing loudly. Not like with their mouth open, but just chewing. My husband loves Grape Nuts cereal, but if I'm PMS-ing I can't be in the same area of the house. It doesn't have to be as loud as Grape Nuts either, it can be anything. I just turn on the radio or tv during that week while we are eating dinner. My husband and son will just give each other that 'knowing' look...

DM:
fess up, darlin' -- YOU are pms-ing this week.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aren't you? or whatever one calls the male equivalent.

No, sweetheart, I'm always crabby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom