Scared by diving accident! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving is not for every one. Too many strong words there make it hard for me to encourage you keep diving.

…Just as I was beginning to enjoy…. on …last dive before open water certification…then next dive ….refresher dive in a pool (presumably with an instructor and no boat or mooring line) and was petrified…hated every minute of it…vowed never…really am scared now…

No mention you got a kick out of any thing before the accident, sounded barely comfortable by the end of class, and next dive hated every minute of it?
Are the only reasons you want to dive you ‘dont like to feel left out and dont like him having to do it without a buddy he may never have met before’?

Maybe it’s just how you wrote this but none of that no fun even relates to boats and mooring lines. I sure don’t know all the boats and mooring lines around the world…but I have to wonder how you managed to get yourself squished like that. I’d have to try really hard to here, maybe it is easier than I realize elsewhere. Anyway, it is pretty simple to avoid boats altogether and still dive.

How does the BF feel about accompanying you not getting left out and hating every minute of it?

You sound to me to be trying to force yourself to do something you don’t have to do, have tried and didn’t like it. The objective in diving is enjoyment, why do you want to torture yourself so?

Dead on right.

I'll just add that your accident was not a Scuba accident but a swimming accident. You were on the surface, not diving. Staying away from lines is not really to difficult especially since you are a competent swimmer. So, decide and go forward, either way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom