Scapa Flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi There,
I'm due to do my first dives at Scapa next May and was wondering if anyone had any good links to internet sites on the dives OR perhaps recommend a book or 2 to read up on them?
I've had a little look arround with google and just keep getting the same sites and usual info.

Can you help ???:eyebrow:

Dive Scapa Flow by Rod MacDonald ISBN: 185158983X

Probably the definitive book on diving the flow although I'm sure others will disagree.

Have fun, May is an excellent time to go.

Cheers

Steve

Absolutely the Rod MacDonald books a good un for the dive planning. We had loads of fun re-enacting some of the photographs :10: - give it a go.

For a bit of backround on the scuttling "The Grand Scuttle" by Dan Van Der Vat is a good read with lots of period photos and a first hand memoir by one of the german sailors. In some ways the story of the salvage over subsequent years is almost as fascinating as events leading up to the scuttle. Really great feats of engineering and amasing characters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom