Scanned slide from our Bonaire trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I can't wait to go digital, I just need a couple of thousand more.

Shouldn't that be "No matter where you're going, once you get there, there you are." ?

caymanic

i love the image the colors and balance are real good, now my next question did you scan the slide your self or did a service do it for you ?

Scubatooth:
caymanic

i love the image the colors and balance are real good, now my next question did you scan the slide your self or did a service do it for you ?

I can scan my slides on our Epson flatbed, I used to give slide shows but with the digital age here it's on to new technology. My next idea is to get a nice size flat screen, then scan in my slides, then burn them on a CD, then have a slide show run on the TV. I'm not sure how to do this all yet.

Diving is fun,
underwater photography is funner!
Caymaniac

Hey Caymaniac,

I think you have 2 choices for running the slide show on your TV.
1 - if your computer has a TV-out or video-out you can simply plug in a S-Video or RCA style cable directly from your computer to the TV
2 - You can create a slide show in VCD format, I think there is software out there that will do it for you. Then once created you can take it to some, maybe most DVD players for a slide show. One word of caution here is that not all DVD players play VCD's and there are some that play everything under the sun...

I'm sure your slide shows will be awesome as the content is!

Thanks for the info TedJ, I'll be checking out the web site. Are you currently using this software?

Thanks Caymaniac

I originally bought a Dazzle product, I've forgotten the name, for about $19 that was supposed to write slide shows to CD that you could play on the TV. Loaded it up and got as far as the writing task when all of a sudden it just wouldn't do it. Went through their tech support and Google searches and discovered that folks had been having the same problem for about 6 months. Also learned that this company had written the engine and Dazzle had licensed it and put their own code around it. Checked out the tvCD product, bought it and I've used it ever since. It's very easy to use and I haven't had any trouble with it.
TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom