Suggestion SB Setting Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Ted S

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
PM size/ count limits, Photo size limits, Avatar size limits, etc...

Do any of our settings interfere with what you want to do here? Are you running out of PM space? Do you want larger avatars? More IMG code? I can't promise changes but it's good to know how well the limits are working for you!

Tech Admin:
I believe it should now be higher than it was before the limits, but that just changed a day or so ago.

Thanks, Tech Admin! The size for profile pic was increased, but I think the max file size remained the same at 39.1? It seems for a nice quality photo you have to shrink smaller than the limits to fit within that parameter?

Absolutely agreed on the 100 PM's as sufficient, and INCREASE THE PROFILE PIC BACK!

kthxbye

:D

Walter:
Being old and feeble, my eyesight isn't as good as it once was. The size of profile photos under the old format was easier to see than the current format.

For me, running out of PM space is merely a reminder to clean out the files. That would happen at 500 PM's the same as it now happens at 250 or used to happen at 200 or that it would happen at 100. As long as the space will hold 100 or more, I personally, don't believe that is an issue. OTOH, when I was a mod, I could have used additional space for all the PM's concerning board issues. Perhaps the mods could use more space (in an "official" mail folder) for the additional PM's they send and receive.

Ditto what Walter said....

Hi TA! A few comments:

1. The standard font seems smaller than the old one. Anyway to improve that? My IE is set to the largest text size, in case you are wondering. And Yes, I have bad vision.

2. Now, the opposite. How about putting some limits on the font size. Some seem to like the really big ones and I find it really annoying.

3. I miss the old basic smileys like the ":)"
Any chance to get them back?

4. In the search section, the "+" symbol does not work. I'm pretty sure it was available before. I also miss being able to do a search on 3 letter words (I understand it makes the indexing a lot bigger and longer) but maybe you could keep a suggestion list open where 3 or 2 letter words could be added?

Other than these, the new format is great. Thanks for everything.

Arnaud,
Look for a few of my (new) threads in Site Support about some of your issues.

Back
Top Bottom