SB Logbook not importing UDCP file dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi:

The new SB Logbook looks cool, useful and interesting. I'd like to import my dive log into it. Supported formats include UDCF, and that's a format that MacDive can export to. So I exported my dive log to it, then tried to import it into Diviac from my desktop, and tried with both FireFox and Safari browsers in case it was a browser issue, and either way eventually got this:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.4.1 (Ubuntu)

Any thoughts? I got a notice that I was upgraded to a free trial of the premium version, so it ought to be able to import dives from a UDCF file.

Thanks.

Richard.

P.S.: My log has close to 200 dives ranging from manual entry to any one of 4 different types of dive computer. Not really wanting to do manual entry.

Hi Richard,

The error your are describing is a timeout error. Meaning. The request is taking too long to complete.

So, either your log is too big, or it's not finishing fast enough.

I'll include the Diviac tech on this, as from your error message, I can tell the error is coming from the Diviac server, as we don't use Ubuntu on the SB server.

Thanks for your patience as we try to sort this out for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried an export of 20 something of my dives instead of the entire log, and it looks like that worked. Now I'll try adding more the same way, and see if I can get them in that way.

Richard.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2014 at 10:01 PM ----------

Okay, got them all imported, I believe. It could accept imports with a bit over 50 dives at least.

Richard.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2014 at 10:14 PM ----------

Just noticed an error in the translation, I suppose. The max. depths reported for my dives are way off. My suspicion is that the SB Logbook assumes the max. depth values being imported are in meters, and converted them because I go with imperial (feet). Problem is, my original data was already in feet.

My last dive was in St. Croix on a cruise stop back in January. Max. depths:

1.) Per Mac Dive - 53.43 feet.
2.) Per SB Logbook - 171 feet.

A meters to feed conversion page I pulled up on the internet converted 53.43 meters to 175.1969 feet. So that's my best guess.

My actual lifetime max. depth was 130 something feet.

Richard.

Hi,
I tried to upload a DAN DL7 file containing few dives but I got a "500 server error"
I was able to upload one test dive in Suunto SDE format. What happened to the dive profile?

Hi Richard, thanks for pointing out the bug with the imperial vs. metric upload issue. We'll get on to this asap.
Hi DiveNav, we don't support the Suunto SDE format, so I'm surprised the upload worked. The DAN DL7 file works seamlessly normally. If you want us to help you with this, could you please send the file that you were trying to upload to support@diviac.com - Tx

....we don't support the Suunto SDE format, so I'm surprised the upload worked. The DAN DL7 file works seamlessly normally.... Tx
I guess I mixed up the 2 formats.
What about the dive profile? How do I see it?

Hi Richard, thanks for pointing out the bug with the imperial vs. metric upload issue. We'll get on to this asap.

Did this ever get fixed? My deepest dive to date was 130 something feet, and SB Logbook still lists it as 432 feet, and my warmest temp. as 188 degrees! I don't think I've ever exceeded the 80's...

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom