Saying Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello fellow divers,
My wife(Flo) and I(Burt) have been diving about 5+ years. We are both certified PADI Master Scuba Divers. We live south central inland Virginia on the Virginia/North Carolina State line in a town named Danville. We are members of North Carolina Piedmont Divers and Rescue Association(PDRA http://www.ncpdra.org/) which has three nice quarries available for us to dive. If you have not had the pleasure of diving a quarry, you don't know what you are missing. That's why Flo and I plan as many carribbean dive trips as our check book can afford. We go each May to Cozumel and then plan trips to other destinations such as; Bonaire, Grand and Little Cayman, Bequia and Grand Turk(going back in Sept). We like the smaller islands the best because you not only get to dive really wonderful reef structures but you get to meet a lot of great local residents on each island. We just don't like all the commericalization. And another bonus is "the water is 80+ degrees, beats the quarry's 50-70 degree any day. The only down side is when your trip is over you have to force yourself to don that 6.5 mil wetsuit, hood and gloves to dive until your next trip.
Before I close, I want to take a second and thank ScubaBoard for creating this site. We have been looking for a site just like this where you can actually discuss diving with other divers. All the other sites we tried, we were always the only one there. Thanks again ScubaBoard!
Well just thought we would say "Hello Everybody"
Burt & Flo Jackson

Hello Dolphina

From the all beach and no ocean state of ARIZONA

Hello ScubaBurt

do quarries at time have an alge bloom?

Yes, the algae can be a problem when the water is attemping to warm up(A very relative term). What part of Arizona are you located? On our last trip to Cozumel we met a group of guys from Tucson. They all worked at Pima Community College.
Are there any lakes you can dive in your area?
Burt

parts unknown and places nobody wants to know about.

Glad to have you.

You might tell us something about yourself or completing your profile.

ID

Welcome all from sunny Thailand!

All scuba junkies should check the boards at least 10 times a day!

Looking forward to hearing all your stories.
Cheers
:)

Back
Top Bottom