Saving posts as drafts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there a way to compose a post and save it as a draft, so I can continue working on it till it is ready for posting?
In my case I want to make a detailed post that will be long and involve some cut and paste linking. When I use photobucket (for example) the pathway gets blocked sometimes and I lose my post. I want avoid posting an incomplete post though and then going back to edit in more info (which is what I usually do) as others may start to respond to the incomplete post before I am finished.

Whew, I used the word post seven times in one post (oops make that eight).

Thanks in advance,
Dale.

Is there a way to compose a post and save it as a draft, so I can continue working on it till it is ready for posting?
In my case I want to make a detailed post that will be long and involve some cut and paste linking. When I use photobucket (for example) the pathway gets blocked sometimes and I lose my post. I want avoid posting an incomplete post though and then going back to edit in more info (which is what I usually do) as others may start to respond to the incomplete post before I am finished.

Thanks in advance,
Dale.

Can you not use word, save as a file, then reopen it when you want and when finished, cut and paste it to the post? I do that sometimes for spell checker..lol...

Thanks in advance,
Dale.

When I make long posts, more then 3 or 4 lines, I copy the entire reply before hitting post in case my browser crashes and I loss everything . . .

I hate typing long replies so it is really annoying when I get a 2-3 paragraph reply done and it crashes . . .

Of course I never thought of using Word to compose those long posts in . . . maybe my grammar would improve :wink:

I do that sometimes for spell checker..lol...

I use a browser add in for firefox that elimantes the need for this, of course when I am on a gov't computer like this one I don;t have a spell checker and it sucks :(

Thanks for all the replies. I'll experiment with all those options. I have spell check on my tool bar but I never thought of working in Word like that.
Cheers,
Dale.

Can you not use word, save as a file, then reopen it when you want and when finished, cut and paste it to the post? I do that sometimes for spell checker..lol...
Cut and past gives you whacky formatting characters. At least it does when IÃÎ doing that©Âmong other whacky things going on here.

We're away of that problem - one of the Admin's is working on it. It's something to do with our last software upgrade. Use WordPad to compose your reply instead, it won't get mangled by .vbulletin. I'm using it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom