saving digital images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tuner fish once bubbled...
I've got the camedia software as well. It tends to want to keep all images within the program. transfering an image is difficult.

That's just one of many reasons I dislike Camedia. Once I had the camera manual printed, the CD went onto the shelf.

Comedy-a does blow (well, they runied it with v4x) but its a no brainer to save into your current directories. If you're not paying attention, it will save it into Samples. Have fun trying to find it after that! You have to have the destination directory picked BEFORE you pull in the files. It defaults to itself.

Dee's right on the money - PS Elements is one of the better little deals going. Dee, do you use Neat Image? Its a clean-em-up that just rocks for my topside stuff.

As fas as dumping directly to CDR via USB in XP (LMNO)...it will recognize the cam as a drive...but why burn a disc before you you cull out the dogs? Unless you're shooting at 100% (No Post Processing, no cropping, no enhancements, etc...unless you're saving safe copies of unprocessed images) I don't get why you'd go from Cam to disc? Its much faster to load into a card reader and go that route.

There are many ways to get off cam (PicturePad, Digital Wallet, and some other dedicated card dump mass storage) and the ol' laptop (my preference) and back to shooting. Most of my stuff is location event stuff, so I like having the laptop around.

Going from CDR through Comedy-a is simple - just "browse images" from "media".

I move my stuff to CDR for mass storage (sort of like digital negatives) and processed images I keep on an outboard drive.

Enjoy -

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
...Dee, do you use Neat Image? Its a clean-em-up that just rocks for my topside stuff.

No, never heard of that one. Gotta link?

Yeah - that's it.

Dee, you must be a regular on dpreview. When I moved from my beloved 4040 to the e20 this summer, I started lurking in the Oly SLR room (not the regular OLY room, where I've been for years) and WOW. So many great little things I learned.

This is one of the many gems I picked up off the site. Aside from the bitter e1 talk that clogs the OLY SLR room of late, there is tons of good stuff there. This thing was cheap, and has made a world of difference in some of my stuff. I love it. As with all software, its not great for everything, but there are things (clear sky, some skin, water) that it makes a huge difference on.

K

PS: Here's a link to a good example of NI

Mo2vation once bubbled...

dpreview. ............. So many great little things I learned.

Wow, I cannot believe that I missed that photo forum - looks really nice and useful :D

khel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom