Save your webbing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BUD53

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm sure someone else has done something similar to this but I've yet to see it on a wreck dive charter or around the caves I've dived in N. FL so ........thought I'd share a helpful invention.
I got tired of my webbing fraying like all webbing does around the B.P. after it starts to accumulate a few dives,:scubadive so..... I took a medium sized bicycle tire and cut 2 inch sections (about 3 x as long as the ones Halcyon tries to sell ya') and fed them around my waist webbing on both sides so they were positioned halfway thru the holes in the Back plate. (w/ about an inch of each one snugly thru for protection on each side) Voila!!! No more wear and it helps support the webbing into the right position when donning your gear. Works kinda like a bushing,...hmmm.......the "EDWARDS BUSHING". :crossbone I dub thee. :crossbone

good idea, or you could just smooth the lip on the slots in the plate. I've got lots of dives on my rig and the webbing is fine. Guess it helps that FredT cleaned it all up really well before he sent it to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom